Saturday, February 06, 2010

Diplomat's Son Cover

We're kicking off the marathon with a kind post I've never tried before. Embedded in this post is my own ukulele cover of Vampire Weekend's "Diplomat's Son," which I recorded Friday night. Keep in mind that it's still a little rough around the edges.




Diplomat's Son

It's not right
But it's now or never
And if I wait
Could I ever forgive myself?

On the night
When the moon glows yellow in the riptide
There's a light
From the TV's buzzin' in the house.

'Cause I'm gonna cut it where I can and then
I'm gonna take it behind them
if I ever had a chance it's now then but
I never had the feelin' I could offer that to you.

To offer it to you would be cruel
When all I want to do is use, use you.

He was a diplomat's son
It was '81
He was a diplomat's son
It was '81

Dressed in white
With my car keys hidden in the kitchen
I could sleep
Wherever I lay my head

And the sight
Of your two shoes hidden in the bathtub
Let me know
That I shouldn't give up just yet.

Cause I'm gonna take it from Simon and then
I'm gonna take it behind them
if I ever had a chance it's now then but
I never had the feelin' I could offer that to you.

To offer it to you would be cruel
When all I want to do is use, use you.

He was a diplomat's son
It was '81
He was a diplomat's son
It was '81

That night I smoked a joint
With my best friend
We found ourselves in bed
When I woke up, he was gone

He was a diplomat's son
It was '81
He was a diplomat's son
It was '81

And that night
When the moon glows yellow in the riptide
I can't feel
Any traces of that other place.

And that night
When the moon comes racin' off the river
There's a car
All black with diplomatic plates.

6 comments:

Ali said...

I danced to this.

Shiny Masochism said...

i <3 Vampire Weekend ^^

Jeff said...

I love the ukulele. It just makes it so much better.

Molly Papey said...

yes.

Carissa said...

i liked this
haven't listened to much vampire weekend yet, though

i got their new cd because i REALLY like the one you always sing... but it got lost as they delivered it.

dfadf said...

Microsoft Office
Office 2010
Microsoft Office 2010
Office 2010 key
Office 2010 download
Office 2010 Professional
Microsoft outlook
Outlook 2010
Windows 7
Microsoft outlook 2010