Thursday, January 01, 2009

Scenes, Notes

One, Rachel:
I’m running towards the endzone and you have the Frisbee and I know what’s going to happen next it’s happened a thousand times and it will happen another thousand times it will keep happening it’s always been happening and will always be happening and you throw it and it’s perfect, it falls into my hands (that is the best feeling in the world) and I look back at you and our eyes meet and you smile.

Two, Esteban:
I can't remember how to find the volume of an area bounded by two lines rotating around the x-axis using the shell method and the bell just rung so there's only 8 minutes left, probably less by now because time flies when you're failing a math test and most of my paper is blank so I stare blankly at the back of your head and realize you probably also forgot how to find the volume of an area bounded by two lines rotating around the x-axis using the shell method because you've got your head down on your desk and there's strands of blonde hair everywhere around you and it looks a blind person just gave you a haircut.

Three, Meredith:
They played You Can Call Me Al and I danced and I could not stop smiling.

****

Thanks to everyone who wrote me scenes. They were all great. Picking three favorites was not easy.

A few other notes:

1. I apologize for the abruptness of part 3. With Bad Idea Man I got the story in my head and wrote until I got bored and then called that the end of a part. The story is not meant to be a multiple-part story.

2. Speaking of multiple-part stories, you can now read my longer stories over at Miscellaneous Serials. Those of you that found yourselves disappointed by my latest story should try reading it here. Hopefully you will be less disgusted. Each story at the new blog will also feature a related theme photograph. The one above is for Bad Idea Man; also included is one for Things Did Not Go As Planned.

3. Last night I had a dream where I was eating my dog.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

The picture is awesome, yet dizzying.
I will be sure to check out this new blog with longer stories.

Also, eating your dog... its a sign.



faltski

Anonymous said...

electon


these word verifications are awesome!

Anonymous said...

I hate You Can Call Me Al because it has this awesome bell solo that I can't play. -_-

Carissa said...

eating your dog.
=[

Frances said...

poor sophie...

Anonymous said...

That picture of Jon is fantastic.

Raptor said...

Not sure who the picture is of, but at first glance I thought it was one of my professors at college.

Anonymous said...

That is a sad dream. Poor doog.