Saturday, January 14, 2006

Posting

I have a problem. By telling you that you can pretty much assume that I'm going to tell you what my problem is. Hey, that reminds me: Do you use contractions in homework or for school? Because often things sound really goofy without contractions, but then again, it would (it'd? Is that a real contraction or just something we made up?) seem kind of informal, like putting 'cause instead of because, or something like that. Oh yeah, can you start a sentence with Because. Or like, if your science teacher gives you a question for homework and says write in full sentences (are there any other kind of sentences? What's the difference between that and non-full sentences? Do you start parentheses with a capital letter or what?), and the question involves explaining something, do you put, "This is because..." or actually restate the question. Because (there, I just did it) writing "This is because..." is writing in full sentences (?), but it's kind of bogus.

Now where was I? Oh yes, my problem. Now, do I just say it, or put "Here it is..."? Wait, no! Gotta concentrate. Gotta concentrate. Here's the problem with the word "Gotta": Once, when I was little, I decided to check the messages. One call was regarding my dad being a soccer coach. I went to talk to him but then got distracted (it doesn't happen to much). A day or so later, my dad was talking about how he wanted to be a soccer coach. I said to him, "Dad, you gotta call". I meant, "Dad, you got a call", but he thought I meant, "Dad, you have to call". He just laughed.

A week or so later he was talking about it again. Once again I said to him, "Dad, you gotta call", and once again he misinterpreted me (does that mean the same as misunderstood?). This time I said it again, and my mom heard it. She explained (with small words) to my dad what I meant. By that time it was too late.

The end.

So my problem is, I don't know what to post about. Normally I post about my blog, but...

Hey, look at that! Problem solved.

*Author's note: This would be a good place to end my blog but I'm going to keep rambling.

So, um...

Ya' know what? I'm bored: So just keep those LOTW's coming in!

10 comments:

dash13pa said...

Good blog, today, Sam, but don't you think you should get a permission contract from your dad if you use him in your blog? Or a least a royalty agreement? Might help prevent a lawsuit.

For all you hackers....hack away with the things, plans, crazy tricks on this gem:

http://www.hackaday.com/

Everybody Dance Now said...

I am bored too, AND MY EXAMS ARE FINALLY OVER!!!!
WOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOO

nerdjedi said...

Tim(bo) here with...

The Link of the Week:

www.iharthdarth.com

jen said...

hi everyone!!!! *waves*

I just got back from the mall, and I NEVER go to the mall! yay!!!

Meaner girl said...

sam is so stupid, I sat next to him in english last year, and he asked me how to spell orange.

jen said...

o.O;; ya' know, I don't like these anonymous comments anymore...

Carissa said...

Grammar is fun don't you agree?

Everybody Dance Now said...

The anonymous comments are actually more annoying than restarting my wireless internet when it goes down. If only Sam could block the anonymous people thing.

Jeff said...

Let's see...where to begin...I'd say something remote important here, but I can't think of anything. Other than the fact that when my dad "gotta" call, I completely forgot about it until about three weeks later. Yeah...got in trouble for that...That's all for now, then.

Anonymous said...

My firewall that comes with my windows xp slows down my computer. What will be a better one firewall I can download and use for free?
:(